Speakers, Panels & Tastings Oh My!
Day 1 - Featured Speakers
Mary Beth Williams, Esq. founder of Williams Compliance and Consulting. Williams Compliance is based in Virginia, and is the only beverage compliance company focusing exclusively on the East Coast. Widely recognized as one of the foremost authorities on beverage compliance, founder Mary Beth Williams designed Williams Compliance to be a nimble, knowledge-based company. She also has her own vineyard on Green Acres. For more information, please visit www.williamscompliance.com
"Show me the Money" Panelists:
- Ashley Rutter, Trump Winery: Selling tasting room products online
- Rik Obiso, Whitebarrel Winery: Third party branding
- Dave Kostelnik, Early Mountain Vineyards & Kate Spinello, First Colony Winery: Elevated & Unique Experiences
- Kirsty Harmon, Blenheim Vineyards: Unique Wine Club Pick Up
DAY 2 - Featured Speakers
Dr. Joy Ting
Research Enologist and Exchange Coordinator
Winemakers Research Exchange
Factors Affecting Franc
The impact of winemaking decisions on Cabernet Franc wines. Using two WRE experiments from 2017, we will discuss the impact of yeast strains and overall winemaking approach on Cabernet Franc grapes.
Potential panelists include Tim Gorman from Cardinal Point Winery; Emily Pelton from Veritas Vineyards & Winery; Mike Heny from Ramiisol Vineyards; and Maya Hood White from Early Mountain Vineyards.
James F. Harbertson
Associate Professor of Enology,
Washington State University
We have investigated the impact of grape ripening and ethanol concentration on wine composition and sensory aspects.
Principally we have done so to evaluate the development of phenolics during ripening however we have also discovered the ethanol manipulation plays an important role on sensory aspects of wine.
Petit Manseng Panel & Tasting
An extensive discussion on Petit Manseng and its role in Virginia Wine. Taste 5 different Virginia Petit Manseng from dry to sweet. Listen to the winemakers discuss what they look for in growing this grape and how they make the wine they do. Along with discussing the wines we will get into marketing strategies for PM and look at how PM has been received in the tasting room and throughout distribution. Included in this discussion will be staff involved with sales for these wineries along with sommeliers, wine store owners and distributors.
- Ben Jordan, Early Mountain Vineyards
- Patrick Eagan, Early Mountain Vineyards
- Rob Cox, Paradise Springs Winery
- Rachel Vrooman, Stinson Vineyards
- Michael Kimball, Williamsburg Winery
- Matthew Meyer, Williamsburg Winery
- Booth Hardy, Barrel Thief
- Sarah Walsh, The Country Vintner
- Erin Scala, Sommelier
- Frank Morgan, Moderator