Print Page | Contact Us | Report Abuse | Sign In | Join
Select Your Member Type

Bronze Level Membership ($220 annually)– This membership allows for a winery to enter the Governor's Cup Competition; provides discounts on registration rates for educational events; allows access to the Members Only website resources such as educational blogs, the Resource Guide, and engaging forums. Voting rights come with this membership.

Silver Level Membership – ($400 annually) - This membership level provides all of the benefits of the Bronze level membership PLUS access to the association health insurance program - wineries can participate with as few as 2 employees. Silver level members are also eligible to receive discounts on goods and services through our Preferred Partner program and a discounted job posting.

Gold Level Membership –  (Starts at $880 annually and increases by case sales) - This membership level provides all of the benefits of Silver level membership and access to participate in the Vintage Virginia Wine & Food Festival.  This one-day festival will now allow wineries with breweries, cideries or distilleries to participate with their various products. Complimentary booth size increases based on the Gold membership level. This member type receives 1 complimentary job posting and greater discounts off registration rates for events. 

Winery Membership Application 

Associate Membership – this is for a non-winery entity that supports the industry.

Associate Membership Application

Preferred Partner - this member type is also for a non-winery entity that supports the industry. It includes the Associate Membership, plus premium billing throughout this site, in printed and electronic materials and communications. Becoming a Preferred Partner

VVA Vineyard Members - VVA members (does not apply to Farm Winery members) receive 50% off an associate membership with VWA. This offer is a $125 value!  VVA will provide a discount code to vineyard members upon request. VVA vineyard members may then join VWA as an associate member inputting their discount code at, making payment by credit card, e-check of PayPal or you may complete the followingapplication writing in the discount code and mailing a check.

Benefits of Membership:

-          Gain access to the Resource Guide with sample contracts, regulations and laws in understandable terms specifically for the wine and wine grape industry.

-          Access to the industry blogs and forums

-          Receive VWA’s communications to stay up to date with programs, initiatives, news and events

-          Attend VWA’s meetings and events at the members rate – such as the Annual Mtg. and Conference, Governor’s Cup seminars and Gala, Rules & Regulation Round Ups, and Marketing with a Mission events

-          Receive access to our online Career Center to post jobs, review resumes and more

-          Dues are 98% tax deductible as a necessary business expense

-          Supporting to your industry and customers in Virginia

  • Wine Retailers - wine retailers may join this member type and receive up to date information on the Virginia market, discounts, and a JOINT membership to Virginia Retail Merchants Association
  • Legislative Only Membership - This is a stand-alone membership available to wineries, vineyards, associates, and Preferred Partners. Legislative members will have access to the Legislative Library on the website, will receive legislative alerts, will be able to vote on the VWA's Legislative Policy, and will vote on the Legislator of the Year. 

Payments to the VWA are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. The VWA estimates that 2% of your Bronze, Silver & Gold membership dues are not tax deductible for any reason under IRS regulations related to lobbying expenses; however, the remaining 98% may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. Additionally, the Legislative Membership portion of your dues is 26% tax deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. 



2711 Buford Road #174
Bon Air, VA 23235