Virginia Tourism Corporation Marketing Leverage Program
Applications are now open! Application deadline is December 17, 2019.
The Virginia Tourism Corporation (VTC) Marketing Leverage Program is designed to stimulate new tourism marketing programs through the creation of tourism partnerships and to extend the “Virginia is for Lovers” campaign. The objective of this program is to leverage limited marketing dollars, resulting in increased visitor spending, increased length of stay, revenue, and jobs.
Please read the following information carefully.
The Virginia Tourism Corporation is now accepting applications only through the online application system.
1. Click and download the “Virginia Tourism Corporation (VTC) Marketing Leverage Program Terms and Conditions” for an overview of the guidelines of the grant program.Go to https://www.vatc.org/grants-system/dashboard/terms-and-conditions.aspx
2. Click and download the sample VTC Marketing Leverage Program grant application to see the questions asked in the application, and an example of what VTC looks for in an application.Go to https://www.vatc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/GrantSample.pdf
3. If you are the lead partner in your application, meet with your partners BEFORE you register for your account, and enter your partners’ email information. Once you register for your account, and add your partners’ email information, your partners will receive an email alerting them they are partners in your grant. They will then create an account for the grant program access. Your partners need to be aware of their role in the application process before they receive this email!
4. If you have an existing account and are with the same organization you were with the last round, please DO NOT create a new account. Use your existing account.
5. If you were denied funding in the last round of applications, your application has been set to draft status and we encourage you to resubmit. Please DO NOT create a new application.
6. Note that the lead partner will complete all narrative sections of the application, including the Marketing Calendar and Budget Items. The partners in the application will complete their contact information and their individual portion of the Performance Measure section. The partners will need to supply - to the lead partner - their market research, and their portion of the Marketing Calendar and Budget Items.
7. VTC will offer a review of the draft of your application. Such review drafts must be submitted no later than Nov. 21 by 5:00 PM. Please be sure to let your partners know that they will need to complete their Partner Contact Forms and Performance Measures prior to submitting a draft for review. You will not be able to submit a draft for review - or a final application - unless ALL sections are completed. Drafts should include the completed Research and Performance Measure Sections and the completed Marketing, Budget, and Timeline. Drafts received after this date WILL NOT be reviewed. The review comments are intended to assist in strengthening your application. Review is optional and will not in any way guarantee approval of the application.
Ready to get started? To access the VTC Marketing Leverage Program On-Line Application, please go to https://grants.virginia.org/grants-system/
*If you need technical assistance, please complete the Grants Help form on the right side of the webpage at http://www.vatc.org/PAM/leverageprog/