Join us in the morning for a Regulation & Rules Round Up. This will be an interactive Round Up. We'll be talking franchise and distribution. As you know, there were some changes to the franchise law, so we'll talk more about what those changes mean for you. I know a lot of people are hesitant to enter into a distribution agreement at this point, so we're also going to have some key players there to brainstorm some ways to maximize your usage of VWDC.
- What can you do?
- What can't you do?
- Are there other uses that maybe haven't been thought of yet?
Let's figure it out. As with any brainstorming session, the more brains, the better! Let's get a good group there to figure out how to hold on to our privileges!
After a boxed lunch, we invite you to attend the final of 3 regional Virginia Wineries Association's Governor's Cup Case educational series, supported by the Virginia Wine Board and Virginia Vineyards Association.
These educational forums that highlight the viticulture and winemaking practices of 12 of the top scoring wines from the 2018 Governor’s Cup® competition.
Each seminar will be a tasting and discussion of the Governor’s Cup Case wines. The forums will last about 2 ½ hours each. Jay Youmans, Master of Wine will present and lead a tasting of each wine. Winemakers and vineyard managers will discuss the practices that made their wine a Governor's Cup Case winning wine. There will be a chance for a Q&A.
The 12 wines being tasted are:
- Barboursville Vineyards 2014 Paxxito
- CrossKeys Vineyards 2015 Ali d'Oro
- Early Mountain Vineyards 2015 Eluvium
- Jefferson Vineyards 2016 Viognier
- Jefferson Vineyards 2015 Viognier
- Keswick Vineyards 2016 Cabernet Franc Estate Reserve
- King Family Vineyards 2014 Meritage
- North Gate Vineyard 2015 Petit Verdot
- Potomac Point Winery 2016 Cabernet Franc
- Veritas Vineyards & Winery 2015 Petit Verdot
- Virginia Cellars 2015 The Barns at Hamilton Station Petit Verdot
- Virginia Cellars 2015 The Barns at Hamilton Station Meritage
You can choose to attend only the Governor's Cup Case Seminar, only the Regulation & Rules Round Up or a Full Day with both seminars and lunch.